1. Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
· as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
· when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
· if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
· Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies (Unites States Postal Service, UPS and FedEx). I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services. MailChimp is the communications platform I use, if you choose to opt in on my website, Facebook, or at an in-person event like a craft show. Facebook is also a connected service that I use as a communications platform. Stripe is the payment processing company used for the website and Square Up is the payment processing company used for in-person sales events. Squarespace is my website platform and does collect cookies for analytics.
· Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
· Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Squarespace Analytics helps allow us to measure how users interact with our site content. These cookies record details about how users are interacting with the website, like what pages they've visited or how long they've been on a page.
My Beloved & I may also collect data regarding your usage of our website, your interactions with our emails, and in some cases your IP address. We use this data to help us understand how our users interact with our site and marketing so that we can make improvements. We will not complete this type of data collection from you without your consent*. You may have provided consent via a pop-up on our website, or at a sales event, like a craft show.
You may also withdraw consent at any time for this type of website and email tracking by contacting us.
Finally, we also collect information that you voluntarily give us via our website when ordering, emailing, or other direct contact from you. We are the sole owners of this information and we will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will only use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us or for our own marketing purposes when consent is given. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via phone or email (if provided) as needed to request information or follow up on you order.
*Consent for this type of tracking is only required if you are browsing our website from a location in the European Union. If you are browsing our website from another location tracking may be done without first requiring consent. You may still request to be excluded from this tracking.
4. Data Retention
We store data on your order history indefinitely for the purposes of refunding, resending, and researching your requests. Data used for marketing purposes is retained until your consent to market to you is withdrawn either explicitly or by way of bounced emails.
5. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
· Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
· Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
· Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
· Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Jennifer Schramm, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at HappyDogs777@sbcglobal.net or 817-475-3571. Alternately, you may mail me at: Jennifer Schramm 301 Briarwick Lane Colleyville, Texas 76034